Church of Agia Marina

The church of St.Marina is located in the grounds of the Great Church of Analipseos in occupied Acheritou.

It was built by Andronikos Karidis around 1878 when he bought the manor of the Turkish Aga from Acheritou. Andronikos Karidis was from Larnaca and was Dragoman of the Hungary Queen.

 

 

He got permission from the Pasha of Nicosia to build a church next to the his house for the religious needs of both the family and the needs of the workers at his estate.

The church was built dedicated to Saint Marina and was adorned with fine icons, which he bought from several homes in Famagusta. Survives to this day even though it is ruined since 1974.

News: 0 - 0 from 0 [Pages: 0]